Follow ne on Twitter!

Follow me on Twitter @theazsportsguru
#TheAzSportsGuru #GreatSportsCommentary


Wednesday, February 11, 2015

IRON MIKE KNOCKED OUT! 25 YEARS LATER

Do you remember what you were doing 25 years ago today? I was ten years old in the fifth grade. I remember watching T.V. And as the movie ended the anchor from 12 news came on to preview the upcoming news. When he started talking sports I paid close attention as I always did. The anchor said "Find out what happened in Mike Tyson's defense of his title."  Wow I thought I didn't even know he had a fight.

The fight was in Tokyo, Japan and not even given much attention. Tyson put up his title against James Douglas. He was an unknown fighter with the nick name Buster.  He fought Tyson well and in the tenth round he delivered the uppercut that changed boxing.  Not only did he knock Tyson down for the first time in his career but he knocked the champ out giving him his first loss.  So you may not remember where you were 25 years ago but James "Buster" Douglas will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment