Follow ne on Twitter!

Follow me on Twitter @theazsportsguru
#TheAzSportsGuru #GreatSportsCommentary


Sunday, May 29, 2016

CELEBRATING THE GRADUATE

The past few weeks have been focused on the graduate in our lives.  You have heard many stories of students overcoming the odds to earn a high school diploma.

Well I too have a story for you.  This story is about a young man that was always told he was too small to play football.  J.J. Lyons proved the naysayers wrong by starting on varsity all four years while in high school.

On May 18, 2016 he graduated from Copper Canyon High School and is now headed to Kansan to play at MidAmerica Nazarene.  I had the privilege to attend a dinner to celebrate his graduation.

The dinner was amazing.  The food was great and the family of J.J. Lyons was even better.  While my wife and I sat eating our dinner I realized something.  Lyons was where he today not just because of his out effort, but the effort of his parents, John and Malinda.

J.J. will be a success on and off the field and he is living proof that with family support and if you set your mind to it, it can be achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment