Follow ne on Twitter!

Follow me on Twitter @theazsportsguru
#TheAzSportsGuru #GreatSportsCommentary


Monday, July 25, 2016

DOCKETT RETIRES A CARDINAL

Former Arizona Cardinals defense tackle Darnell Dockett signed a one day contract with the team and retired the way he came in to the league, as an Arizona Cardinal.

Dockett played 10 seasons with the Cardinals and many fans are pleased with the move.  I have to question it.

Why was it so important to Dockett he retired a Cardinal?  Is it loyalty to the team? He signed with a division rival so I don't think that's the answer.  I remember the day he signed with the 49ers he went on a radio station that was not the Cardinals flagship and voiced his opinion of not being happy that they didn't make more of an effort to keep him.

So why did he do it?  I'll tell you why, to try and get in to the Cardinals Ring of Honor.  I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, but don't scream loyalty when you have an anterior motive.

No comments:

Post a Comment