Follow ne on Twitter!

Follow me on Twitter @theazsportsguru
#TheAzSportsGuru #GreatSportsCommentary


Friday, August 26, 2016

THE HIGH SCHOOL HIGHLIGHT: JORDEN BLAKE

This week's edition of The High School Highlight comes to us from St. Mary's High School, a school rich with history.

The tradition is so great that we profile out third Knight in the 3 years of this segment.  Jorden Blake is a senior Wide Reciever and Safety and has helped put St. Mary's back on the high school football map.  Blake is a fout year letterman and has started since his sophomore season.

Blake is a very intelligent young man who carries a 3.3 GPA and also plays basketball. Blake says his short term goal is "to finish out my high school career on a positive note.  St. Mary's has a long history of sports and academic excellence and I want to do my part to continue that legacy.  My plan is to excel in my academics and athletics to earn a scholarship to collage."

Just by the way Blake answered my questions I could tell he is a smart young man.  He says as a kid he always enjoyed watching football on TV but his mom wouldn't let him play.  Finally she let him play flag football.  The first time he touched the ball he scored and he has been hooked ever since.

Blake had an incredible answer when I asked him to tell me something about high school sports that people may not know.  He said that playing high school sports is a lot harder than it looks.  It takes hard work, time and commitment, but the reward os the relationships he has built with his teammates and the knowledge he has gained from his coaches.

"There is nothing like the joy of playing on Friday nights!"

No comments:

Post a Comment