Follow ne on Twitter!

Follow me on Twitter @theazsportsguru
#TheAzSportsGuru #GreatSportsCommentary


Sunday, September 8, 2019

WHY I LOVE FOOTBALL

The NFL season starts today. That’s right folks football has finally returned. Time to root your team on and hope they can win the Super Bowl.

Football is the most popular sport and many people will be watching there team today.  But why does American go so crazy?  There are many reasons why people love football. Here is why I live football

This morning I was in my way to work. Because it’s game day I put on my Redskins jersey on and headed to work. I stopped to get a soda. While I was in the Circle K. There was an older man, maybe in his 70’s.  He saw my jersey and asked if I was going to the game. I told him no and had a brief conversation with him and he walked away. When I went to pay he was at the register paying for his coffee and Sunday paper. We started talking again and I realized he thought I was wearing a Cardinals jersey.   I told him that my jersey is not the Cardinals. I told him it’s the Redskins. He then turns to me and says “they still have a team?”  We both had a laugh and parted ways.

That small interaction is why I love football. I would probably never have spoken to that man but we both shared a bond of football that brought us together. There are many more stories just like this. Football brings together the most uncommon people. I love talking football and because of this I meet people that I normally would not ever speak to.

No comments:

Post a Comment