Follow ne on Twitter!

Follow me on Twitter @theazsportsguru
#TheAzSportsGuru #GreatSportsCommentary


Thursday, January 3, 2019

PREDICTING 2019

Earlier this week I gave out the first ever Guru Awards.  These are my end of year awards for the sports teams in Arizona.  The teams are the Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Coyotes, Arizona State basketball and football and Arizona basketball and football.  While those are the main teams you may see Grand Canyon basketball, The Mercury and the Rattlers.

SO I have decided to predict who I think will win each award for 2019.  It will be fun to look back in a year to see if i was right on any or if I was way off.  So without further ado here are my predictions for The 2019 Guru Awards.

BEST NEWCOMER: The best newcomer will be Nick Bosa of the Arizona Cardinals.  Regardless of who becomes coach need to draft Bosa number 1 overall.

BEST PLAYER: Devin Booker of the Phoenix Suns.  This year with prove the Suns are starting to turn the corner towards a playoff spot and that doesn't happen with their best player being the superstar he is.

BEST COACH: This will be a hard choice as it will come down between ASU's Herm Edwards and Bobby Hurley.  I give the slight edge to Hurley, who already has his team thinking PAC12 Champs.

BEST TEAM: The award goes to ASU basketball.  I predict a top two finish in the PAC12 and an appearance in the Elite 8.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: The Cardinals will run away with this award.  Like there has been for the past 3 seasons, regardless of who is coaching this team next year there will be unachievable high expectations that the team will not be able to live up too.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: The biggest surprise will be University of Arizona QB Kalil Tate.  He will have the breakout season he had last year and surprise the country.

So those are my picks.  Let's see how I do when the year ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment